Club Ladder Rules
The Club Ladder is a form of competition where each player is assigned a position (rank). A lower number means higher rank on the ladder (better position.)
- The goal of the competition is to move up the ladder, potentially to the number one position (highest rank).
- Games played in the ladder are USCF rated and players must be members of the USCF. Entry to the ladder is free and prizes are sponsored by the club. Game from the ladder will be rated once per week.
- The Ladder Commissioner will approve all matchups. He or she will try and make the fairest matches possible.
- Players may challenge anyone, however all challenges must be approved by the Commissioner.
- Players must accept challenges approved by the commissioner, if they decline then they will drop 5 ladder spots.
- If player ‘b’, ranked 13 on the ladder, defeats player ‘c’, ranked 8 on the ladder, then player ‘b’ jumps to spot 8 and , and player ‘c’ drops down one spot to 9.
- In case of a draw, there will be no change to spots on the ladder.
- Inactivity drops a player one spot per week. The spot will be taken by a lower ranked player on the ladder that won a ladder game on that night.
- A coin flip will be used to determine colors if the players have not competed against each other in the 2014 Ladder. If they competed against one another already, then they will alternate colors.
- Minimum time control is G/30 (no maximum.
Club Ladder Prizes
- Free FAQ entry: Winner of Tuesday Night Raffle
- Free FAQ entry: Most Points for the Month
- Free FAQ entry: Biggest Upset of the Month
- Free Family Membership to the Club: Player ranked #1 at the end of Year