The Saint Louis Chess Club (SLCC) is seeking a motivated individual for Chess Associate. The position manages front desk communications and day to day business operations to ensure the satisfaction of members and visitors. Additionally, Chess Associates are responsible for opening and closing club, greeting visitors, conducting merchandise transactions and member communications, including answering phones, event preparations, and maintaining an orderly club environment. This may occasionally require restocking items, organizing fliers and sales displays.
GENERAL CHESS ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and welcome visitors. Ensure that visitors adhere to club policies.
- Promote the Chess Club and Scholastic Center by providing engaging and meaningful visitor interactions.
- Provide tours of the facility.
- Offer a brief synopsis of club mission and programs to visitors. Direct them to the appropriate staff member or manager for further information.
- Monitor the club, including front desk, entrance, casual play area, tournament hall, and classroom-library.
- Complete opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness of club and ensure that all brochures are fully-stocked.
- Review merchandise to make sure that everything is fully stocked.
- Become knowledgeable about the CCSCSL mission, programming and upcoming events.
- Attend mandatory training sessions.
- Assist in preparation and closing of events.
- Must be able to teach a beginner how to play chess.
- Other duties as assigned.