Mound City Classic 2023
Please read carefully below to ensure you register correctly and on time.
- Open to students enrolled in elementary, middle, or high school in Fall 2022
- Time controls to choose from: G/30; d0 or G/15; +5 sec per move
- Three sections: K-12 Open [G/30], K-6 Open [G/30]; Beginners Quads [G/15 +5]
- This is the final Grand Prix Tournament for the 2022-2023 school year. (See rules for details)
Registration and Check-in:
- Players must register online before the day of the event. (Closes 5:00 PM Thursday Night)
- Be Aware: No registration for K-12 Open or K-6 Open at the door.
- Players not preregistered can play in the Introductory Quads by arriving for check-in.
- The TD Control Desk will check players in from 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM only.
- All players must check in with the TD Control Desk between 9:30 AM and 10:45 AM to confirm participation; players who fail to do so might not be paired in the first round.
- One ½ point bye available if declared before round 1.
Fees and US Chess Members:
- Entry Fee: $10 for existing USCF members if pre-registered 48 hours in advance, $10 at the door only for Introductory Quads.
- Free for new USCF members
- FREE 1-year USCF membership to all new elementary and middle school students
- Reduced cost USCF memberships renewals are available on-site.
- Free entry if your student attends a school in one of the following districts:
- Saint Louis Public Schools
- Ferguson-Florissant School District
- Jennings School District
- Lindbergh School District
- Or one of the following schools:
- Hawthorn Leadership School for Girls
- Sister Thea Bowman Catholic School
- St. Vincent Home
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314.669.5010 to find out your discount code and enter the code at checkout.
- Swiss Rounds start at 11:00AM, 12:15PM, 1:45PM, 3:00PM
- Beginners Quads start at 11:00AM, 12:00PM, 1:00PM
- Award ceremony to follow final round for each section.
- Individual trophies will be available for all sections. Team awards will be available for Open sections only.
How to decide which section to play in:
The K-12 Open is designed for tournament chess players with experience playing over-the-board tournaments. This section will feature the strongest players and intense competition. Open to all in K-12 grades.
The K-6 Open is designed for chess players who may have only played online in the past two years and would like to experience a swiss style tournament in over-the-board play. Open to all in K-6 grades.
The Beginner Quads are designed for players new to tournament chess, or just new to over-the-board chess. Players are grouped together with three other players of similar ability (as determined by the tournament director). Open to all in the PreK-12 grades.
Map of Location Below:
3674 Lindell Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63108
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.