The Event Manager will work closely with the senior management team to plan and execute all Saint Louis Chess Campus events. The Event Manager is responsible for managing the event planning and execution of all mid to large scale events at the World Chess Hall of Fame (WCHOF) and managing the event planning and logistics of the mid to major tournaments held at the Saint Louis Chess Club (STLCC). Additionally the Event Manager oversees the logistics and planning of all other special events as relates to the Saint Louis Chess Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create all event related documents that give clear directions for working employees
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Responsible for all special event logistics and organization
- Serve as liaison between artists, chess players, vendors, staff, and contractors for all chess campus events
- Handle, coordinate and oversee all event preparation through execution
- Develop and maintain internal events calendar for the chess campus
- Negotiate all agreements with vendors and rental companies
- Implement program agendas and itineraries, for staff and event guests
- Handle all facility inquiries and rentals
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Analyze and evaluate event’s results
- Create and present reports
- Attend community events with local chambers and networking events
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of successfully managing and executing mid to large scale events for a nonprofit, in the hospitality industry or other related industries.
- 3-5 years or more of progressively responsible for conference or event program management experience; Associate’s degree or greater preferred.
- Listens and communicates effectively in person, in writing, and electronically to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, prioritizes and manages multiple priorities and projects.
- Self-starter who is results-oriented with a commitment to accountability and follow-through.
- A temperament for rolling-up your sleeves and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently with a flexible schedule, including nights and some weekends.
Qualified applicants should email their resume and a cover letter to Rebecca Buffington, at firstname.lastname@example.org.