2023 All Girls Chess Summer Camp - July 31 - August 4
Chess Summer Camp aims to gather similarly skilled, scholastic chess players for intensive training and practice games. Whether a beginner or advanced; this camp will provide insightful instruction and exciting activities during this week-long session. Depending on the student's level, the topics below will be presented.
Personal games can be submitted for analysis by a Club Grandmaster for camp attendees.
Instruction is provided by a nationally recognized WGM, who will emphasize the following topics:
For Advanced Players
- Opening Repertoire Selection
- Middle Game Planning
- Endgame Technique
- Tactical Calculation
- Practical Time Management for Tournament Play
For Beginner Players
- Proper piece and board set-up
- Algebraic Notation (Chess Language)
- Basic Principles of Play
Grandmasters then provide expert instruction building on these skills and covering more advanced ideas, including:
Each camp provides opportunities to practice these skills in various activities and practice games.
- Arrival - 8:45 AM
- Morning Practice - 9:00 AM (Sharp)
- Snack and Break Time - 10:30 AM
- Morning Lecture - 10:40 AM
- Lunch - 12:00 PM-12:30 PM
- After Lunch Skittles - 12:30-1:00 PM
- Afternoon Practice - 1:00 PM (Sharp)
- Afternoon Lecture - 2:30 PM
- Departure 3:45-4:00 PM
- Scholarships Available
The Chess Club will provide light snacks (including beverages) during scheduled snack times. Students should bring a sack lunch.
For any inquiries, please contact Richard Pointer - email@example.com - 314.669.5010
4657 Maryland Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63108
|All Girls Camp||450.000000000|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.