Your Move Chess is a program formed through a partnership between Ascension and the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis. Your Move Chess brings before- and after-school chess programs to underserved areas within the Saint Louis community. Currently, Your Move Chess has implemented over 20 chess programs in the Ferguson-Florissant School District and other schools in the Saint Louis area.
What Is Your Move Chess?
Your Move Chess is a program implementing after-school chess in the Ferguson-Florissant School District and other schools in the Saint Louis area. Together, we can improve overall community wellness by stimulating the minds of youth.
- Chess encourages the kind of thinking that empowers players and strengthens their problem-solving skills.
- Students learn tools from the game that can positively influence their academic performance.
- The fun, safe environment of an after-school program benefits students, their families and the community at large.
Your Move Chess In the News
- YouTube - Ascension Your Move Chess (video)
- Ascension - Ascension Providing Hope through Chess to Students in Ferguson-Florissant School District
- CBS St. Louis - New Chess Program Begins in Ferguson-Florissant District
- Education Week - Cultivating Young Chess Masters in Some of St. Louis' Poorest Schools
- St. Louis Public Radio - On Chess: Your Move Chess program stimulates minds of youth
- The Huffington Post - Instilling Hope and Empowering Youth in Ferguson Through Chess
- PRWeek - After-school chess plays well in Ferguson
- YOUTHtoday - Ferguson Puts Chess in Schools to Help Students
- WBUR - Troubled Ferguson Schools Try Something New: Chess
- The Daily Signal - Nonprofit Health System Executive Brings After-School Chess Program to Ferguson-Florissant Schools
- St. Louis American - Ferguson gets after-school chess program thanks to Ascension, St. Louis Chess Club and Scholastic Center partnership
- Town and Style - Mind Training
- WORLD - Chess helps Ferguson students cope with lingering trauma
Checks can be made out to Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis.
Based in Saint Louis, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all with special attention to persons in poverty and struggling the most. http://www.ascension.org.