Instructors from the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis provide chess classes that teach fundamental chess elements in addition to promoting educational values that can be learned through chess. Classes will focus on chess fundamentals while also incorporating lessons on critical thinking, planning and logic. Students are encouraged to demonstrate sportsmanship and to strive for success in the classroom as well as over the chessboard.
- Emphasis on reflection and cognitive development through mental exercise
- Professional instruction ranging from beginner to intermediate and advanced play
- All equipment, including sets and boards, provided for instruction
- Curriculum based on ideas and writings of GM Yasser Seirawan, a four-time U.S. Champion
- Optional free field trip to the state-of-the-art chess campus; includes tour, lecture and supervised play
- K-3rd grade: up to 16 students
- 4th-12th grade: up to 20 students
- Taught by instructors from CCSCSL and moderated by school staff
- Classes are designed for one hour of instruction and practice on each day
- Free field trip to the chess campus
- Chessboards and sets are donated to the school after the session has ended
- Inquire about pricing
Contact the CCSCSL today to begin your successful scholastic chess program!
Call (314) 361-2437 (CHESS), or contact our scholastic coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.