- Up to 20 hours per week leading and teaching chess classes and clubs at regional schools.
- Monthly Chess Events around the St. Louis region, including fairs, festivals, and tournaments.
- Reports to the Scholastic Manager.
- Must live near St. Louis, MO or be willing to relocate.
- Must pass a clean background check and Missouri State Fingerprinting Check.
- Must have a reliable method of transportation.
- Active Chessplayer with basic chess knowledge (Online rating nearing 1000 on Lichess.org or Chess.com).
- Experience teaching students in some capacity (Tutoring or classrooms).
Training and Benefits
- Saint Louis Chess Club Teacher Training, Curriculum, and Support.
- Saint Louis Chess Club Membership for you and your family.
- US Chess Membership.
- Free Lesson from other Club Teachers.
- Free Entry to Club Chess Tournaments.
- Pay from $25 to $35 per hour for classroom teaching.
- Event pay from $17 per hour for fairs, festivals, and tournaments.
- Flexible hours with year round opprotunities.
This is a great opportunity for students or anyone with free time in the afternoons.
Wheelchair/disability access is available in the rear - please proceed through the parking lot to our east and around to our back door. If you need additional assistance, please let us know.
The Saint Louis Chess Club provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Saint Louis Chess Club complies with the Internal Revenue Service's guidelines regarding publication of its non-discrimination policy in its brochures, catalogs, advertisements and otherwise making it known to the general community.